Fluitek has been helping customers with their filtration needs since 1975. Fluitek sells their US-manufactured industrial filters to factories, plants, commercial buildings, and suburban homes in the US and internationally.
In this highly competitive market, where parts sold for a few cents can be the competitive advantage, Fluitek continues to thrive. Why? Not only do they have one of the largest catalogs of filtration devices, they are also one of the earliest adopters of utilizing Internet-based selling in the market.
EARLY ONLINE ADOPTER, NOW TO BE ONE OF THE BEST IN ECOMMERCE…
Fluitek isn’t new to selling online, they’ve had an online catalog for over 20 years. However, in 2015 they realized they needed an ecommerce solution to make it far easier to transact with their B2B customers. Specifically, they needed a way for these customers to quickly and easily find OEM products without needing to know the corresponding Fluitek replacement products. After an exhaustive search for the right ecommerce platform, Fluitek determined that Magento 1 Community was best suited to handle a massive catalog (240,000+ SKUs) with complex relationships between Fluitek’s replacement filters and those OEM filters they replace. Together with their ecommerce solution and marketing services partner, Blue Fish Group, Fluitek was able to:
- Modernize their servers and technology stack to significantly improve the site performance
- Optimize existing custom Mangento code to improve the search, browse and checkout experience
- Implement Google Shopping campaigns through an automated feed from Fluitek.com to Google that prioritized part numbers to ensure the Fluitek catalog ranked highly for customers searching for OEM part numbers
- Develop and executed on a marketing strategy that included the build out of an automation solution allowing Fluitek to follow-up with customers to replenish filters needing replacement, cart abandonment, and capturing information about new visitors
MAKE IT EASY TO BUY AND EXPAND YOUR MARKET PRESENCE
Fast forward to 2020, Fluitek was ready to take their ecommerce site to the next level. Together with Blue Fish Group’s guidance, Fluitek created a 3-5 year plan that would improve the overall customer buying experience, allow them to get their products out to an even larger audience, and provide them the ability to grow their ecommerce catalog to over 1MM products. Now, the question is HOW to make the vision a reality. The answer: migrate to the Magento 2 Commerce platform and leverage all of the great features and improvements like B2B features, marketplace integrations, high scalability and more.
The Blue Fish Group implementation team went straight to work to implement and extend many of the Magento features that would help them achieve their goal:
- Implementation of a quoting mechanism to streamline the ordering process that often times include requests for rare filters that can only be recognized by customer-submitted images
- Introduction of a quick order form to easily purchase multiple products without having to visit multiple product pages
- Leveraging Elasticsearch for improved site search allowing customers to more quickly and easily find parts based on the OEM or Fluitek part number, filter attributes, brand names and more
- Wider selection of payment methods to allow customers to use the payment of their choice
- Introduction of a subscription module allowing customers to create automatic reorders on filter products, resulting in increased customer loyalty and repeat orders
- Integration with B2B marketplaces to extend the product catalog discoverability on other platforms such as Amazon B2B and other industrial marketplaces allowing Fluitek to grow their customer base
- Utilizing Magento 2 to allow them to expand their catalog to 1MM products that will be available on the website and by utilizing Amasty product feed module allowing those products to be available on Google Shopping and other market places
Together with Blue Fish Group and Magento, Fluitek will be the first choice for buying industrial filtration online!
Get in touch
Connect with Blue Fish to learn more about whether we are a good fit to help with your solutions in e-commerce, enterprise content management, data and analytics, business processes, product management, and training.